OFFICIAL ESSAY CONTEST RULES & ENTRY
Retain Essay Contest rules for your records.
ESSAY CONTEST RULES
- SUBJECT-THEME: The essay shall address the subject/theme: How would you make the most profit off this property
- ELIGIBILITY: The essay contest may be entered by anyone world-wide who is eighteen years of age or older. The judges of the contest, owners and ex-owners of the real estate, sponsors, their employees or ex-employees and the immediate families of those previously mentioned are disqualified and may Not participate as an entrant. Multiple entries, with multiple fees, by an individual are acceptable. Each entry must be original and include full entry fee payment made online through Paypal.
- ESSAY ENTRY FEE: Each entry must be accompanied by an online payment through Paypal to CMO Brain in the amount of $120.00 US Funds. All entries shall be deemed received whether or not the essay adheres to the Technical Requirements as set forth here-in. Absolutely No Refunds shall be made by reason of non-compliance or for any other reason What-So-Ever, unless the 1200 entry level has not been met. All entry fees shall be returned if at least 1200 entries are not received, however, the sponsors reserve the right to accept less than 1200 entries. Should a refund of fees become necessary, the original fee ONLY shall be returned to each entrant ($120.00 US Funds). All entry fees shall be held in an Essay Contest Escrow Account, until a determination has been made regarding the minimum number of entries.
- JUDGES: CMO Brain will select the top 15 essays. These 15 will be judged by two judges. These judges will not be related to the sponsors of the essay contest or have vested interest in the business. A winner and First and Second Runner-Up will be determined by the judges. The names of the judges shall not be released except to a public authority requesting such information within the scope of its jurisdiction.
- CMO Brain and judges shall read and evaluate each essay properly submitted with an attached valid entry fee as here-in described. Each essay which meets the Technical Requirements as set forth here-in, shall be judged on the basis of structure of essay (introduction, body and conclusion), creativity, thought and the conveyance of capability and actuality of successful implementation of strategy presented.
- TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS: Each entry shall: 1) Consist of a formal essay of 200 words or less in English; 2) Shall be typed, double spaced, and either directly entered into online submission box or emailed to email@example.com; 3) Entrant’s Name and address Shall Not appear on the essay. 4) Entrant will receive an email confirmation of receipt once essay and payment is received.
- DEADLINE FOR DETERMINATION OF WINNING ESSAY AND RUNNERS-UP: The winner will be chosen on or before June 1, 2015, along with the First and Second Runners-Up. The winner of the contest will receive the warranty deeds to the property at 101 Penguin Street. If the winner refuses in writing to accept the contest prize, then it shall be awarded to the First Runner-Up. Likewise should the First Runner-Up refuse in writing to accept the contest prize then it will be awarded to the Second Runner-Up.
- COPYRIGHT AND PUBLICATION: Essay contest entry constitutes an assignment to the sponsors of all copyrights arising under both statute and the common law and all other rights derivative there from. By entering the essay contest, entrants grant further permission for sponsors to publish all or part of the submitted essay and to use the entrant’s name and photograph and to publicize the winning entries and the names of all the final 15 essays, all without royalty or other consideration.
- STATE, FEDERAL AND INTERNATIONAL REGULATIONS: This contest is subject to the provision of all applicable International, Federal, State, and Local Laws and regulations. This offer is void where prohibited.
- TAXES/FEES: The winning entrant shall be solely responsible for any and all taxes, including real estate transfer taxes, lawyer’s fees or fees of any kind imposed upon or arising out of a successful participation in this essay contest. If the winner refuses to accept the prize property in writing, then the First Runner-Up becomes responsible for all above stated taxes and fees. Should the First Runner-Up refuse the prize property in writing, then the Second Runner-Up shall become responsible for all above stated taxes and fees.
- DESCRIPTION OF PRIZE PROPERTIES: The owners will be presenting the winner with the Certificate of Title. If and only if 1200 entries are received the winner will also receive a check for $8,000 US if in the first 500 applicants, $6,000 US if in application number 501-1000, or $5,000 is in application number 1001 and above. There are no liens nor taxes due on the property. It is a unique hexagon design property fully gated with a second studio home (fully furnished with tiled shower, dine-in kitchen, stove, refrigerator, and deck). Excluded is personal property and any food or liquor. The property has been evaluated with a listing value of $61,000 US, however, no representation is made by the sponsors that this value or any value is in fact a Fair Market Value. These properties are listed on the town Map as Falcon Mesa, Block 20, Lot 18. The map is located in the Zapata County Court House in Zapata, TX.
- DEADLINE: Entries must be submitted on or before May 22, 2015. Responsibility for lost, late or misdirected entries rests with the entrant. Any entry submitted after the above deadline shall be returned to the entrant.
- EXTENSIONS: Sponsors reserve the sole right to extend the deadlines of the essay contest entry and determination of the winning entries for a period of up to sixty (60) days.
- PRIZE TRANSFER: The transfer of the prize properties must occur within thirty (30) days after the notification of the prize winner. An extension of an additional thirty (30) days may be granted by the sponsors if deemed necessary.
- ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: The winner agrees to accept the properties as is.